Going Public: University Officials Detail Fall 2020 Semester Plans and COVID-19
COVID-19 remains top of mind among the leadership at Southeast Missouri State University. Southeast recently announced its plans for late summer and the fall 2020 semester with the goal of mitigating the risk of COVID-19 on the campus.
To learn more about the plan and how it was developed, we spoke with Dr. Carlos Vargas, President of Southeast Missouri State University and Kathy Mangels, Vice President for Finance and Administration.
Highlights of the Plan:
- In person classes will begin on August 24.
- Classes will be held on Labor Day (September 7).
- There will be no fall break, so classes will be held October 8-9.
- The last day of fall 2020 on-campus face-to-face classes will be Tuesday, Nov. 24, just prior to the Thanksgiving break.
- Fall 2020 classes will continue Nov. 30-Dec. 4 via remote/online instruction.
- Online/remote final exams will be held Dec. 7-11.
- The fall 2020 semester will end Friday, Dec. 11, a week earlier than scheduled
For questions related to COVID-19, send an email to: email@example.com