All About Cape

Every Tuesday at 6:42 a.m. and 8:42 a.m., Brenda Newbern provides a rundown of some of the events happening in the Cape Girardeau Area. Brenda is the Executive Director of the Cape Girardeau Convention and Visitors Bureau.

Ways to Connect

Visit Cape

A legend is coming to town. The iconic Harlem Globetrotters basketball team will take the Show Me Center court on Wednesday, January 16. Despite the team’s name, they actually originated much closer to Cape Girardeau – near Chicago, Illinois.

Visit Cape

At the end of last year, most of us made resolutions for 2019. And according to U.S. News, 80% of us will fail by mid-February. But those odds are no reason to despair. Instead, think of it as a challenge to make the elite top 20%.

The number one New Year’s resolution in the United States is to become healthier. And Cape Girardeau offers the tools you need to achieve that goal.

Visit Cape

If Forbes is right, more than forty percent of you made resolutions this year. While we can’t make you lose weight or earn more money (that’s your fairy godmother’s job), we can help you experience new things and become more active.

There’s an endless list of cool stuff to check out at VisitCape.com/Events. Whether it’s a concert at the Show Me Center or River Campus, special exhibit at a museum or local festival, we’ll have the scoop. Keep your eyes peeled throughout the year for ways to experience something exciting.

Visit Cape

It’s looking a lot like Christmas, and for those of you home for the holidays, welcome back! May your week be filled with good cheer, fabulous food and your favorite people.

If you find yourself wondering what to do after the holiday rush is over, we know of a few things going on in town.

Visit Cape

Basketball is to Christmas what football is to Thanksgiving. Since 1947, the NBA has hosted games on all but one December 25. Each year, holiday matchups showcase the best teams and all-star players.

Pages